WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2011 EAST COAST LADIES RETREAT-SOUTHERN GRACE

Well, another East Coast Ladies Retreat has come and gone! A special THANK YOU to the ladies (and men!) of Parkers Chapel Free Will Baptist Church in Greenville, NC for being our host church. I know that a lot of prayer, time, hard work and effort went into this.
What a wonderful time of fellowship in the Lord! There were 700 women there. Wow! That's alot of women in one place!
Along with the thought provoking, soul challenging and "getting our toes stepped on" sessions, there were also times of laughter. Since the theme was "Southern Grace", the focus was on life in the South, with a couple of good-natured "Yankee" jokes dished out here and there (hey! wait a minute! I'm a originally aYankee!). But, it was all in love and good, clean fun. Oh, yeah, and LOTS of shopping! Lunch was also a delicious "southern" affair of fried chicken, green beans and good ole "sweet" tea.
The sessions were:
1) Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman in the 21st Century-This message was brought to us by Pastor Williams.
2) Our Verbal Gifts-about what we say and how we say it affects our Christian testimony and others.
3) Attitude Check!-Our attitudes towards life and circumstances and how we react-Ouch!
4) Keeping a Quiet Heart
5) The Cost of Grace-This was the teen session, but it still blessed and challenged me when I listened to it.
6) Busy but Balanced
The audio download is available at: http://www.parkerschapel.org/. Click on "Events and Happenings", then on "East Coast Ladies Retreat". Please note that this download is for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day! Don't forget to be in Prayer Meeting tonight!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network