WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Friday, December 6, 2013

STOP THAT GOSSIP WHEEL!

My friends, PLEASE don't get caught up in the gossip wheel. It is so easy, I know! Even if we're just "listening" and not repeating, you and I are just as guilty as the talebearer.
It is well said in a Spanish proverb, "Whoever gossips to you will be a gossip of you." Don't think that the tongue that is "slicing and dicing" the person who is the topic of the present conversation won't do the same to you later on.
The Bible says so much about gossiping. God is serious about this! Psalms 101:5 -  says, "Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer." Wow! That is serious!
James 3:1-18 describes the tongue so well. It tells us that even though it is a little member, it can kindle a great fire.
Gossiping will also hurt our Christian testimony. I once heard an evangelist say that Christians will call eachother with something juicy that they have heard about someone and say, "Now, I'm only telling you this so that you can pray about it". It's gossip! If you feel the matter needs prayer, then simply pray about it, don't spread it.
When the gossip wheel rolls our way, we need to stop it right then and there. If you find that you have a hard time not getting caught up in the situation, then AVOID where you may hear it-the break room at work, certain people or group of people, etc.
Today, let's give our tongues and words to the Lord, that whatever we say will please Him.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network