WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

FACEBOOK OR GOD'S BOOK-WHICH COMES FIRST AT THE START OF YOUR DAY?

Ok, as I have said before here on my blog, my thoughts are quite random. I usually blog about what I am thinking about at the moment. Actually, talking to me in person is kind of the same experience. I often drive my husband crazy when we are talking because I will "jump tracks" several times as thoughts run through my head (maybe it's a woman thing?).
Just a quick question for today-which did you read first: Facebook or God's Book?
I'm asking because, not too long ago, my morning routine had become something like this:
1.) Get up (we all have to do that, yes?)
2.) Turn the coffee pot on.
3.) Throw in a load of laundry.
4.) Pick up my phone, turn it on, start checking Facebook and my emails (just a quick look, I tell myself).
5.) Hopefully get back to my room to read my Bible and spend time with the Lord.
Hmmm....what's wrong with the order? For me, it was picking up my phone and turning it on before I even spent ANY time with the Lord. As I am checking my messages, commenting, answering, etc,  the next thing I know, time has slipped away from me. I then quickly try read a few moments in my Bible and say a quick prayer, because now it's time to get everyone up and running. Whoa! Back up!
The first and foremost thing should be spending time with the Lord-studying His Word and praying. How can we put on the FULL armour of God if we only spend a few minutes (if any) with Him? How can we FULLY serve Him, when our cup is half empty? We need to spend time in His word. There is a saying that goes, "Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like trying to eat without swallowing." Allow yourself time for the Lord to speak to you.
So, when you get up tomorrow morning, open God's Book, the Bible, first. Then read your messages. Perhaps the Lord will give you something to post that will uplift your friends or help someone who is struggling or in need.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network