WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Good Wednesday morning! Well, it's time I got this blog rolling! It's a rainy morning, but I don't mind. That means that Spring is here. It's been a hard winter here in the south, as it has been for all of the United States. I know that everyone is looking forward to the warmer weather.
Psalm 118:24 is a verse that my mom always woke us up with while we were growing up.  Now I say it to my two.  It helps to get you focused on the day.
You know, I always try to have a positive attitude wherever I am. I try to smile. Your attitude makes a big difference, in your day as well as others that we meet.
 I love the old song "Brighten the Corner". The chorus says, "Brighten the corner where you are, brighten the corner where you are. Someone far from the harbor you may guide across the bar, so brighten the corner where you are." Sometimes all someone needs if for you to smile and be kind to them.
If you are a true, born again Christian, you should be showing people the hope that is in you. If you are always walking around with a sour expression, complaining, never smiling, etc, then why in the world would anyone who is not a Christian want what you have? Let Jesus' light shine through you.
Does that mean that every day will be a rose garden? No, of course not. Every rose garden has it's thorns. But, people are watching us. How we handle our situations may make an eternal difference to whomever is watching us.
Well, I better go. It's time to get my house up for the day. Don't forget Wednesday night prayer meeting!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network