WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, Monday!

Good Monday morning, everyone! What a beautiful weekend! The basketball goal was delivered on Saturday morning to two VERY excited boys.
I didn't get a chance to post anything this weekend. Usually, Saturdays are set aside as "Family Day", unless something is scheduled or comes up with the church, so I try not to get on the computer while my boys are up and moving. My time with them is too precious and short to waste. :)
I have been trying to get my blog set up. You know, when I first started my journey into Christian Modesty (will post about my journey later), I had a HARD time finding modest dresses and skirts. A HARD TIME! So, I am trying to help anyone out who is looking by posting the links that I have found in my searching. Most I have already ordered from.
Last night, my husband preached on the blind man that was healed by Jesus (John 9). Isn't it funny how you can read something so many times in the Bible, and each time the Lord reveals some different thought?
My oldest son says to me sometimes, "Mom, I've already read this. I know what it says!". Oh, not so! Everytime we open our Bibles, we need to pray to the Lord that He will reveal to us what He wants us to know, to give our eyes new sight on what we are reading.
Ok, so, back to the sermon on John 9. While reading it, I actually saw the unbelief, the absolute unbelief, that Jesus had healed this man. The man's own neighbors, who knew him, even questioned as to whether or not this was the same man. Even his parents, when questioned as to whether or not he had been born blind, were so afraid of the Jews and being cast out of the synagogue, answered that , yes, he was their son and had been born blind, but they didn't know how he had received his sight, but to ask him because "he is of age"v21.
This man was eventually cast out of the synagogue because he would not deny Jesus.
When Jesus heard that the man had been cast out, He went and found him. Jesus asked him "Dost thou believe on the Son of God?"v35. The man asked, "Who is he, Lord that I may believe on him?"v36. When Jesus told him that he had both seen Him and is talking to Him, the man immediately said, "Lord, I believe. And he worshipped Him."v38
Are we willing to be known as followers of Christ, no matter what the cost? Are we willing to take a stand, even at the cost of our family, friends, and sometimes even people in our own church? Oh, I pray so!
Have a wonderful and blessed Monday!
Beth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network