WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SPIRITUAL DETOX DIET

I got on the scales the other morning and noticed that my weight has slowly crept up. Ten pounds??? NO WAY! How did that happen? But, unfortunately, the scale doesn't lie.
Now, some people will tell me that because I am now officially over the "40 Mark" (I am 43), it will become harder to lose and maintain my weight and that weight gain is just a natural thing in this stage of my life.
I do not accept that! So, I started scouring around for some quick detox diets (you know, the ones that will guide you on what to eat and not to eat to flush impurities from your body). Most call for more water, fruits and vegetables. Not just ANY fruits and vegetables, mind you. There are specific ones that contain more water and nutrients to help your body rid itself of built up impurities. Believe it or not, there are some fruits and vegetables that will sabotage your plans.
How can we apply this spiritually to our lives? How about a "Spiritual Detox Diet"? The Bible tells us about the Fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law."
How are you feeling spiritually? Tired? Worn down? Bloated? Heavy? When was the last time you looked at this verse? I mean really, REALLY looked at this verse? Can you look at each of these "fruits" and see how each is being applied to your daily life?
Every now and then, our spiritual lives need a good cleansing, one that will get rid of impurities that have built up over time, many of which we are often unaware of. Is it time for a Spiritual Detox Diet? Is it time for a spiritual cleansing? The answer for me is YES!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be really
something that I believe I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely vast for me. I'm having
a look forward for your next post, I will attempt to get the hang of it!
My blog post spiritual

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network