WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

VBS TODAY!

Our 2012 VBS is today. I am SO very excited! Please help me pray for the workers and the children.
I did something different this year and did not go with any particular curriculum. You see, by the time we have our VBS program, which is usually the last Saturday in July or the first Saturday in August, the children have already been to several in the area, and "know" the different programs, so they are more easily bored because they've already "been there and done it".
Well, today, they are going to learn about the Tabernacle in the Wilderness, along with life in Biblical times (food, clothing, shelter). They will also learn about the order of the encampments of the Israelites. For instance, did you know that they always camped the same way around the Tabernacle according to their tribes? There were four camps, in which were three tribes.
Everything that we have studied in preparation for this VBS regarding how the Tabernacle was set up, how the services were performed and how the Israelites set up their camps has confirmed that God wants everything done decently and in order. We can also see the symbolism of His plan of salvation for us.
There is so very much more to tell, but I have to get ready to go. A report and LOTS of pictures to follow!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network