WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

THANK YOU FOR THE RAIN

Good morning! It's Wednesday, and we're half way through!
You know, the other night when we were praying after family devotions, my youngest prayed, "that we would have a sunshiny day tomorrow and no rain, but, God, we do thank you for the rain because it makes the flowers grow". Wow. That hit me as a really "deep" thought.
When we go through trials and tribulations (our rain), if we are born again Christians, we lean on the Lord and trust Him to get us through (we often pray that we get through soon!). But, don't forget to thank Him for the rain. For it's through this rain that we (the flowers) grow.
The Bible says, "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18.
We should be thankful for our trials. It's so awful hard to do, I know. But we need to be thankful because our God sees the end that we don't. There are reasons why He is allowing these times in your life.
Now, this is not the same thankful like when you receive money for your birthday (of which I am ALWAYS thankful!!), but a thankful because our Heavenly Father loves us and wants what is best for us.
Pruning a rose bush can not be pleasant for the rose bush, but, why is it done? Well, to encourage new growth and blooms, to remove old wood (what needs to be removed in our lives?), to shape the plant, etc.
So, the next time you are complaining because it just won't stop raining, take time to stop and thank the Lord for it and remember how good He is!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network