WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TRAIN UP A CHILD

Good morning! It is so beautiful outside!
I was just watching a video of a baby, who is somewhere around 9 months old or so, singing "God Will Take Care of You" with his parents at church. It was just TOO cute! Towards the end, he was actually singing most of the words.
Today, I want to give a quick word of encouragement to all of you moms out there with small children.
When you take them to church, does it seem like you can't get anything out of the sermon because you are constantly entertaining, taking to the bathroom, having to go to the nursery, etc? Do you sometimes get discouraged, thinking, "What's the use? Why did I even bother coming? I didn't hear a word that the preacher said. Besides, I'm soooo tired."?
Well, I have been there, too (and not too long ago as my youngest is five years old)! I thought the same things. One Sunday when I was especially tired and a little frustrated and VERY close to tears, a very dear friend happened to notice. She told me something that has stuck with me. No, you are not getting much out of the sermons right now, but you know what? Your child is learning something. When you bring that precious baby to church, even if you have to leave the sanctuary, you are training that child! You are letting them know that church is important. That's where they should be. You have them in the Lord's house.
So, please, don't give up! Keep training those precious gifts that God has given to you. Show them that loving and serving the Lord should be first in their lives.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network