WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Thursday, December 19, 2013

ARE YOU WILLING?


I love Christmas time. It's my most favorite time of the year! I always tell my oldest son that God knows how much I love Christmas, and that is why He gave him to me at Christmas time. He was almost born on Christmas day, but came on the next day, December 26th.
As I read about the circumstances that surround the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, several things jump out at me.
One thing that really comes through is the willingness of both Joseph and Mary to do what God called them to do, even though it meant alot of hardship, shunning (on Mary's part) and sacrifice.
When the angel Gabriel came to Mary, she was "a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, " (Luke 1:27). During the Jewish "espousal" period, the man and woman were considered married, but had not yet consumated the union. So, when Mary was found to be with child, of course everyone, including Joseph, had thought her to have been unfaithful. This was a great shame in their society (unfortunately and sadly, quite different from ours today!). And yet, Mary said, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word." Luke 1:38. She was willing to sacrifice herself and life to do what God was asking her to do.
The Bible tells us that Joseph was a just man. When he found out that Mary was with child, and knowing that this baby wasn't his, Joseph did not want to make a public example out of her, but decided to "put her away (or divorce her) privily" Matthew 1:19. But an angel visited him in a dream, explaining everything to him, telling him not to be afraid to take her as his wife. Did Joseph question or hesitate? No. He got up and did as God asked him to do.
Is there something that God is calling you to do? Are you willing, no matter what the cost? What is He calling you to do? Why are you hesitating? What is holding you back from following what He wants you to do? Pray and seek His face. Search the Word of God. Have those prayer warriors help you pray that you might find God's will for your life, and that you would have the strength to follow through. Don't forget, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillipians 4:13. He will not call you to do something that you can not handle. It may not be an easy thing to do, but we must do what God is asking us to do. He will see us through!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network