WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TAKING THE TIME TO TALK

"So, anything interesting happen in school today?" "No." "Did you learn anything new?" "No." "Nothing at all, huh?" "Umm, no. When's supper?"
Does this sound like your conversations with your children? Well, this is kind of the way they go in my house when they come home from school. Of course, I will often get the "tattle list" of the kids who got their names on the board in my son's kindergarten class. :-?
Today, I just want to say don't close up those lines of communication with your children. Even though you're getting those kind of answers, you are showing your children that you are interested in them and what kind of day that they had. And don't forget to always try to find ways to talk to and teach them about the Lord. There are alot of "teachable" moments if we just keep looking.
The Bible says, "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." Deuteronomy 6:7. Wow! That is all of the time! No matter what we are doing. Wake them up with a verse. Play good, solid Christian music before you leave the house and in your vehicle. My boys love the old hymns. Really!
Bedtime to me is the best time to talk to my children. It seems to be the time when they open up the best. They are relaxed and starting to wind down.
 I know, you are so very tired at the end of the day, you still have a hundred or so more things on your to-do list before you can even go to bed, but please don't rush that special time with your child. It is often hard for me to sit still in one place when I know how much more I have to do. But, even just five minutes sitting on the bed with him/her can make a difference. I know that's when I get some really deep Biblical questions, questions about life, talks about school life, etc from my oldest son, and some very silly stories,school happenings and yes, even Biblical questions, from my youngest.
Family devotional time is also an excellent time for communication. At first, you think that they aren't listening, but they really and truly are. Keep at it!
Take the time! Make the time!
Have a wonderful and blessed Wednesday. It's Prayer Meeting night!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network