WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Saturday, May 14, 2011

BE STRONG AND OF A GOOD COURAGE!

Has it really been a whole week since the last time I posted? Wow. It's been a REALLY busy week between weddings, school, and all that. Tonight is our Mother/Daughter Banquet at church. I will post pictures soon.
You know, the Lord always knows when to bring the right scripture to my attention. I am in the middle of trying to start my own business called "That's Sew Beth". Now, this is a BIG step for me, as I am trying to get to the point where I can be home more with my two boys. It is also a little frightening, since I want to leave my full-time job, which provides our health benefits.
The scripture that the Lord brought to me today is in Deuteronomy 31. Three times I read, "Be strong and of a good courage".
The first time was when Moses was talking to Israel in general. He knew that he was getting old (120 years old!) and that he was not allowed to cross over Jordan into Canaan. He knew that they needed encouragement as they were about to enter into an unknown land and were about to lose the leader that they knew so well, at a time when they needed him most. He was a constant and encouraging presence to them. But Moses knew God's will. Joshua was to be their new leader.
Moses tells Joshua these same words two more times in chapter 31-"Be strong and of a good courage".  God would take care of them. He would be there for them. He would bring about the promise that He gave their fathers. He is FAITHFUL and keeps His promises!
I have prayed very hard on this new venture. I am going to hold on to those precious words, "Be strong and of a good courage". If this is His will, He will bless it and bring it to pass. We always want to be in His will, not ours.
My God is good and faithful! If you have something today in your life that is troubling you, that has you a little bit afraid, "Be strong and of a good courage"! God is with you. Keep bringing it to Him in prayer. Have friends and family who are true prayer warriors to bring it to His throne with you. Then, TRUST Him. The Israelites could not see the future, but God could. He sees the future that we don't. Hang in there!
Have a wonderful and blessed Saturday!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network