WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WHO CAN FIND A VIRTUOUS WOMAN?


Proverbs 31:10 says, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." I often think that if King Lemuel had to ask that question those thousands of years ago, is there any hope for our time?
The answer is a resounding, "YES!". Christian sisters, we MUST strive to be that virtuous woman. We often look at what people are calling the "Proverbs 31 Woman" and say, "I can NEVER be like her!". But we can! It just takes alot of time, prayer and hard work on our part. We are, and will always be, a continuous "work in progress". My boys love to sing the song, "He's Still Working on Me". How true that is and will be until the day we go home to be with our Lord and Saviour.
I will be the first to admit that I fall short many, many times. I am often like Peter, who alot of times acted before he thought. I work so hard  to have the "meek and quiet spirit" that Peter wrote about which is "in the sight of God of great price." I often let the frustrations and trials of  this life get to me. I am learning to step back, take a deep breath, and pray, pray, pray, giving it to my Lord.
If we claim to be Christians, dear sisters, the world is watching us. They are waiting to see how we react to different situations. They are watching how we dress (what are your clothes telling people?), act and talk. Our actions and lives are more of a witness than what we say.
"Who can find a virtuous woman"? I pray that they find one in me! If you are struggling to be a virtuous woman, why don't you give it all to Jesus? Submit to Him all of your failings and short comings. Let Him guide you and lead you where you need to go.
Have a wonderful and blessed Wednesday. Tonight is Prayer Meeting night.
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network