WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Monday, August 29, 2011

HURRICANE IRENE

Well, Hurricane Irene has come and gone. She made landfall here in North Carolina on Friday and didn't leave until sometime late Saturday night.
We lost power around 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning. What a very long day without power and having to ride out the storm! My husband and I looked out of our dining room window, and watched as shingles flew off of our garage roof. What can you do, except just watch and pray that the damage is not too extensive.
But, God is so good to us! He protected us during this hurricane. The loss of shingles and branches was the worse for us. This was not so for everyone else in our county and surrounding towns. As of now, there are still so many without electricity and phone service. My husband and I are very blessed as our power was restored at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon and our phones this afternoon. Many, many trees down, houses and vehicles damaged, and much flooding. Even cel phone service was limited. Gas stations are slowly getting power back, so everyone rushes to fill their gas tanks and their generators.
Please keep us all in your prayers as we all try to get everything cleaned up and back in order.
It's funny how we take all of our "modern technology" for granted, until we don't have it! The Lord blesses us so much in so many ways!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network