WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PROVERBS 27:2-OUR "I" PROBLEM

"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." Proverbs 27:2.
My children and I are getting ready for our annual eye exams this week. All year long, of course, I watch my two boys for any vision changes or eye problems. But when it comes time for the exams, I take an extra hard look and write down any questions or concerns about their eyes, so that I can ask their eye doctor.
As I was doing this, my mind wandered off to people in general; not to "eye" problems, but to "I" problems.
Today's society says that "I" am most important. It's all about me. What a selfish society we live in!
Have you ever been around someone whose conversations mostly consist of what THEY are doing, what THEY have accomplished? The word "I" comes up in every, or every other sentence?
My friends, if you are a true, born-again Christian, then we are called to be a humble people. 1 Peter 5:6 says, ""Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time." Verse 4 just before this stated that, "for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."
We all need to take an "I" exam, not annually, but every day. Look at your life and conversation. Are they centered around yourself, or Jesus Christ and others?
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network