WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Friday, September 23, 2011

A CHANGE OF HEART AND ATTITUDE

Earnestly and honestly start praying for that person who is being mean to you, or is just having an "ugly" (that's how they say it down here in the South) attitude towards you. It may not change how they treat you at the present time, but you will start to see them in a different light. The Lord will change your heart towards them. Yes, that's worded the way I intended. The Lord will change YOUR heart.
Recently, someone I know was (and is) being not-so-nice in their attitude. They are known for their, um, fiery and explosive personality. Right now, it's partially aimed in my direction. Lord, I said, I am hurt and ANGRY! My insides just churn and boil. I want SO bad to put her in her place.
"Pray for her", was my Lord's quiet reply to my heart. What? "Pray for her". I, well, I, um (my insides were still churning and boiling), alright, Lord. I'll do it. I took a deep breath. And you know what? As I quieted myself down, asked His forgiveness first of all, and actually concentrated on praying for this woman, I could feel a peace coming over me. I continued to pray and lift her up to the Lord.
The Lord changed my heart towards this woman. Things are still the same, but I see her much differently now. I try to see her as the Lord sees her, someone who needs peace in their lives. Or maybe life is just overwhelming to them. There are so many things that could be going on that I don't even know about.
Lord, let them see You through me!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network