WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

Today, my husband and I are celebrating our fifteen year wedding anniversary. I love him with all of my heart.
A lot of people tell me that fifteen years is a record in today's society. Many marriages do not make it past the five year mark. My advice? Keep the Lord at the head of your marriage, and it will last. There will still be ups and downs, of course. You are two different people, after all! :-)! You won't agree on everything. And when the big "discussions" come along, and you can't see eye to eye at all, step back and PRAY. Or, harder yet, be the one to give in a little.
For the young (and possibly older) single Christian people out there-STAND YOUR GROUND! WAIT! DON"T GIVE IN! Keep yourself pure for that person that God has prepared for you, if it is His will for you to marry. If you have already fallen, ask His forgiveness, then start again. Don't "settle" for someone because you want to be married and you are tired of waiting on the Lord, or are being pressured because "everyone else is married". Pray, pray, pray! Get someone who you know to be a prayer warrior to help you pray. Waiting is hard, I know. My husband became a Christian at 32 years old. He was determined to wait and pray for a Christian wife. We did not meet until he was 37, five years later. Did it seem like a long time to him? Yes, it did. It seemed longer for me. I was saved at a young age, and was waiting on the Lord to send me a good, Christian man. I had actually gotten discouraged as well. I was 26 when we met.
God is good and I thank Him for my wonderful husband!


OUR WEDDING
(sorry for the quality! I am just learning how to use my scanner
and don't know yet how to resize)

Have a blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network