WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Thursday, April 21, 2011

GOD'S PROTECTION

Wow! You know, the other night, the husband of a friend of mine had a VERY close brush with death. He was driving down the road, when the next thing he knew, a pick up truck from the opposite lane crossed the yellow line and was coming for a head on collision course with him. Her husband swerved to avoid the other vehicle and was hit on the backside of his truck.
They found out later that the other man was suicidal. My friend's husband was more concerned for that man's physical and spiritual needs than for himself.
How many spiritual lessons can we get from this? I see two right off.
The first one is that God is always watching over us. Psalm 91:3-7 talks about God's protection. The verse that sticks out to me is verse 5, "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;". That other pickup truck, to me, represents the "arrow that flieth by day;".
Sometimes the devil attacks us, trying to stop whatever work we are doing for the Lord. But, remember, as we see in the book of Job, Satan can not touch a true born-again believer without God's permission.
The second lesson that I see (and is often the hardest for us), is the other person, the one who tried to attack us. The Scripture says, "See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men," 1 Thessalonians 5:15. Or, "The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and [it is] his glory to pass over a transgression." Proverbs 19:11. Jesus, as he was dying on the cross after being so cruelly treated, said, "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." Luke 23:24.
You know, the man with the suicidal intentions did not know my friend's husband from anyone else. Her husband's truck just happened to be the one coming at the moment that the man decided to go through with his intentions. Perhaps the Lord put this man in her husband's path because He knew that he would pray, and get others to pray, for this man. We may never know the reasons.
Have a wonderful and blessed day. Don't forget to thank the Lord for all He has done for you!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network