WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Friday, April 29, 2011

REVIVE US AGAIN!

What a wonderful and uplifting Revival Week we have had! I can not believe it's over. I am physically exhausted, but my spirit is renewed. It has worked out well this year as this week was Easter Break for my boys so we got to attend all of the nights.
I try to find one sermon over all that spoke to me the most, but I really can't. I have been challenged to really take a good check of my life and remove any extra weights that might be hindering my walk with my Jesus.
I also now see the different events that took place that first Easter morning in a different way. For instance, when He move that huge, extremely heavy stone away from the front of the tomb, He showed us that NOTHING is impossible for God to move in our lives. NOTHING is too difficult for Him! Hallelujah! Bring your burdens and troubles to Him. Have faith that, if it's His will, He will move whatever stone is in your life.
The preacher also brought out Thomas. The one we all know as "Doubting Thomas", because he would not believe that Jesus was risen until he actually saw Jesus, saw and felt the nail prints in His hand, and thrust his hand into His side.
Thomas missed out on a wonderful blessing because he was not gathered with the other disciples when Jesus came to them where they were "when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews" (John 20:19). Jesus breathed on the disciples and gave them the Holy Ghost.
Our visiting preacher likened this to the Christian who stays out of church. You know, often times, you miss wonderful blessings when you lay out of church. Christian, we ought to go to church! Now, there are times when we can't attend due to extreme illness, but often people stay out simply because they put their wants and desires before God. Put God first! Be in church when you should be.
Oh, yes! It has definitely been a spiritually reviving week for me!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network