WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Sunday, June 19, 2011

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there!
I just have to say that the Lord has blessed me tremendously with such a wonderful husband. He is an awsome daddy to our two boys.
As the pastor of our church, my husband is often called away for different things dealing with the church or it's members, which sometimes disrupts our personal family time. This is to be expected, of course. We love our church and this is what we are here for. But often a preacher can get so caught up with the church that his family gets pushed to the side.
My husband makes it a point to spend special time with our boys each day, even if it's a quick basketball game on the driveway, working together in the garage on some project, even working in our small garden. Family devotions are also a priority. This is a very important time of day. We read scripture, talk and pray together. We do this at night and it actually helps to wind down the day. He then also makes sure that he helps tuck them in at night.
Is my husband the perfect father? Of course not! We are all human and we make mistakes. But as long as we keep the Lord at the head of everything we do as a family, keep hemming everything in prayer, things will work out, not in our time, but in His.
I pray that if you are a father, that you will remember to take time with your children, play with them, pray with them! They are small today, but tomorrow they will be grown and gone. It happens that fast, it seems!
Again, Happy Father's Day! I hope it is wonderful and blessed!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network