WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Saturday, June 25, 2011

LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE WILDFLOWERS-LESSON 2 "The Path"

It really is amazing to me what lessons we can learn from God's handiwork! The second lesson that I learned from the wildflowers was-What Path Am I Leading My Children Down? Am I being the Christian example that I need to be?
The path that we walk down is dirt, surrounded mostly by woods and partly fields. My greatest fears are snakes, ticks, and, yes, bears, so we tell the boys time and time again to stay on the path. DO NOT go into the grass or the woods.
Now, keeping that admonishment in mind, where do wildflowers grow? On the path? No, of course not. They grow on the edge, IN THE GRASS. When I saw those flowers, I thought that if I only went quickly, grabbed some, then came back, I would be fine. My boys kept saying, "But, Mommy, you said not to go into the grass!". I said, "I'll be just a second. I'll be alright." No harm done. Right? WRONG!
The next day, I felt something itchy, only to find that it was a tick on me. Did anyone else in my little walking party have one? No. Just me. Why? Because I left the path and went where I shouldn't have, where we told the boys not to go.
That really got me to thinking. Thinking about how we are trying to teach our boys about the Lord and living the Christian life. While out on our walk, I told the boys one thing, then I went and did exactly what I had just told them not to do. What kind of example is that?
Our children are watching us much more closely than we know. We need to make sure that we practice what we teach. For example, if we teach our children not to lie, then they see us call out from work "sick", when we really aren't and just wanted a day off , what did that just show them?
Another thing that we try to teach our children is not to steal, but Dad comes home from work with items (yes, even those pens, post-it note pads, etc) that he has taken home with him, because "the workplace has so many, they won't miss it!".
Oh, Christian, be careful! Stay on the path! Be that Christian example to your children that you are trying to instill in them! We are so human. We will all fall at one time or another, but when we do, honestly and heartfully ask the Lord's forgiveness. Pray that He will help you.
This also gave me an opportunity to talk to my boys about consequences to our actions. Since I did not heed the rule and went where I wanted to anyway, I got bit by a tick, which, by the way, could be very serious if it is carrying Lyme disease. I told the boys that there are always reasons for the rules that we set for them. Even though they can't see it now (did we when we were their age?),  we set some of those rules for their protection. The Bible has rules on how we should live. Some of them seem very hard, but, once again, God had His reasons for setting them.
I feel that God has brought this lesson to me to open my eyes a little bit wider about the awsome responsibility of raising my children. I hope it has helped you as well.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network