WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Thursday, June 9, 2011

VACATION TIME

Well, vacation has come and gone! Isn't that always the way it is? It takes so long to get here, then time flies by!
The Lord blessed us with a WONDERFUL vacation. I praise Him for the beautiful mountain weather and for our safety. But, you know, no matter how great vacation time is, there's no place like home for my family. We are always glad to come back!
We went to the Boone, NC area, where we visited Grandfather Mountain, Tweetsie Railroad (Thomas the Tank Engine was there), hiked, swam, and just had some good family time. On Sunday, the Lord led us to a small church called Willowdale Baptist Church. The morning and evening sermons were spirit-filled and uplifting. We prayed very hard that He would send us to the right church, and He definitely did!
The best surprise for me was on Monday while we were at Tweetsie Railroad. All that long way from home, we ran into a family from our church. Imagine that! My husband and I joked with them that it's a good thing we were all doing and acting the way we should, as Christians.
It's a sad fact, and not really a joking matter, that some Christians, when they go on vacation, often try to take a vacation from God, going to places and doing things that they wouldn't normally do, because they think that no one knows them. But, Christian, let me tell you, not only do you never know who you will run into, but GOD KNOWS! He is still there with you, watching. He sees everything that you do. If you claim to be a Christian, then BE ONE, no matter where you are or what you are doing.
Well, I'm off to start my day. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)


On top of Grandfather Mountain

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network