WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Saturday, February 4, 2012

COYOTES IN THE WOODS!

The other night, after our boys were asleep, my husband wanted to go outside and try out his "Predator Call" to see if there might be any coyotes in the woods that would answer.  For those who don't know, a Predator Call is an electronic device that has several different sounds imitating an injured animal as well as some actual "predator" sounds (a coyote howl, etc) to attract the animal. 
My husband set the device to a coyote howl. At first, the only answer we heard was a neighbor's dog some distance away. My husband tried again. We got an answer that time. Where? In the woods, RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from our house! With that, I promptly turned around and said, "OK, I'm going back inside now!". I am NOT one to stay outside with a coyote that close!
Coyotes are actually on an "open season" hunting list all year long in our area as their population has become quite large and they pose a threat to smaller farm animals such as chickens. They are also interbreeding with the Red Wolf population that has been reintroduced here in our county.
I started thinking about this experience. I thought about how Christians often forget just how close Satan is lurking, just waiting for the right moment to attack. We often get a little "slack" and let our defences down. When we do, we are opening ourselves and our family up to an attack that we won't be prepared for. The Bible tells us, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 Peter 5:8.
Be sober, be vigilant! Keep a watch out! You have children to protect. Keep those family devotions and prayer times going. Keep them in church. Constantly talk to them and teach them about the Lord. Be careful about and monitor what your family watches and listens to. How quickly Satan can come in to your home through television, video games or music.
"..as a roaring lion,.." Have you ever heard the roar of a lion? I have, when we have visited the zoo. This roar will literally vibrate and rumble right through your whole being! It is a frightful thing to hear! I can not imagine what it would be like to actually come across one in the wild!
The devil will roar. There will be circumstances in your life that will have you so frightened and shaking right to your inner core. Always remember that if you are a born-again Christian, you have One Who is mightier than Satan on your side! Satan wants you to believe that there is no hope, that you can not make it through. All you can hear is his loud roar. But you can! Romans 8:31 says, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?". Romans 8:37-39 also tells us, "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." That covers everything. The Lord will never leave you, nor forsake you! He is always there by your side.
There are some things to remember when you are going through these troubling times. First, don't stop praying and reading your Bible, even when you don't feel like it. The Lord encourages us through His Word. Second, don't stop going to church. You need the fellowship and prayers of your fellow brother and sisters in Christ. There is strength in numbers! Lastly, don't forget that these experiences usually draw us closer to Christ. You won't be able to see it now, but further on up the road, you will see where you have grown and learned to lean more on the Lord, and not on your "own understanding".
I pray for all of you, my dear readers! I pray that you will have the strength to go through that trial that you are experiencing. I pray that you will keep a constant vigil for your family! With the Lord's help and strength, you can!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW TRUE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network