WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Monday, February 6, 2012

SONGS ON THE HEARTS

The other morning was one of those typical, chaotic mornings that we often have getting ready for work and school. You know the kind-your youngest is "lolly-gagging", taking his own sweet time, your oldest is half way getting dressed, but decides to stop, look out your back door window and start swinging a string back and forth for the cat to play with on the other side of the glass, you're trying to get the lunch boxes together, on and on. When you finally get everyone back on track, your mind is still racing with everything that needs to get done.
Amidst all of this, I started to listen to all of the different sounds going on in my house. I mean, actually LISTEN. When I did, do you know what I heard? It was something that made me thankful and joyful in my heart. Every one of us-my husband, Nathan, Samuel and I-were each singing a different song. These weren't just any songs. They weren't secular, worldly songs. They were HYMNS. Old time hymns.
What an uplift to my spirit! My morning seemed a little less chaotic. How wonderful to know that the song in each of my family member's heart was one for the Lord!
What kind of song is on your family's heart? Do you play and sing the old time hymns with them? My mom always said that the first song that you hear in the morning will be the song that plays over and over in your head throughout the day. I have found that to be so true. Try turning on the radio to a good, Bible-believing station that plays those songs that have testimonies and fire behind them. Play songs in the car as you are taking your children to school. It will definitely make a difference!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network