WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

HANDWRITTEN NOTES-A LOST ART




A handwritten note. What is that? In today's society of social networks, email, etc., handwritten notes seem to be a thing of the past. It's a lost art. It's so much quicker to post to someone's wall on Facebook or send them an email when you want to tell them something. I am very guilty of this myself. When I tell myself that I am going to grab a piece of paper or note card, sit down and actually WRITE a letter or note, I quickly get aggravated at the slow process of writing. I have noticed that I am slowly losing my handwriting abilities. My hands tire quickly trying to hold the pen and write with it. My mind starts to wander to thoughts of just typing this note out. Stop!
Although messages through the internet are widely accepted these days, a handwritten note just says so much more. It tells the person that you are sending it to that they were actually worth the time that it took to write it. This also applies to businesses, as well. I am always impressed when I receive something that I have bought and find a handwritten note on the invoice or even on a separate sheet of paper, thanking me personally for my order.
Do you know someone who has recently lost a loved one, gotten married, had a baby or given you a gift? Send them a personal, handwritten note! As the pastor's wife, I try to send cards when one of our people are sick or mourning. I like to use blank note cards when I can, but if I use a card with a pre-printed message, I still write a short note on the blank side.
We also need to teach our children to write these notes. I have heard that some public schools are taking the emphasis away from handwriting all together, and focusing on the children's computer skills. What a loss! Children need to be taught to write thank you notes when they receive a gift, or when a friend or relative is ill or just feeling down, to send them a "cheer up" card.
Yes, handwritten notes are slowly being lost. But they don't have to be! Let's try to save this lost art! Send someone a special, handwritten note today and let them know how much you care.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network