WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 DAYS OF THANKFUL VERSES-DAY 4

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving."~
Colossians 2:6-7.
In verse 6, the Apostle Paul was reminding the Colossians that as born-again believers (meaning that they had accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour), they were to "walk ye in Him", meaning that they needed to let Christ be at the head in all that they said or did. They, and we, do not need to be conformed to this world, but transformed by our salvation in Jesus Christ. Everyday, we need to walk in Him, showing the world a difference in our lives. Many Christians still look and act like the world. How can we lead an unsaved person to Christ when they do not see any difference?
Whenever I read "rooted and built up in him", I always think of a tree, with it's roots growing deep in the ground. A tree's roots anchor it to the ground, keeping the tree straight and upright. The roots are also how the tree gathers it's sustenance and water. For a Christian, reading their Bible and following what God says, keeping a healthy prayer life, attending church faithfully and trying to live as Christ-like as they can are just a few ways to make sure that their "roots" are firmly planted. Did you know that the nutrients taken in by the roots are vital for the advancement of the tree's growth and development, as well as repair? The Bible is our life map which gives us just that in our Christian life. This will also keep us "stablished in the faith".
Of course, "abounding therein with thanksgiving"! I am thankful for the salvation that I have received through the death, burial and resurrection of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network