WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, November 19, 2013

30 DAYS OF THANKFUL VERSES-DAY 18

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body: and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."~ Colossians 3:15-16
Good morning, everyone! I hope your weekend was good! The weather was great here, and, as always, I enjoyed time with my husband and boys!
Today, our thankful verses come from Colossians, which was written by the Apostle Paul.
The Apostle tells us that we are to let the peace of God "rule" in our hearts. When we let something rule us, we are giving it complete control. We need to give God complete rule of our hearts and lives. When we let go of self, and let God lead, there will be peace in our hearts. We can not have this peace if we are fighting Him about different aspects of our lives.
How can we let the word of Christ dwell in us richly in all wisdom? By studying His word and hiding it in our hearts.
I have always liked the last part of verse 16. Did you know that when we are singing hymns and spiritual songs, it uplifts our mood and souls? When I was growing up, my mom would always have Christian music playing every morning when she woke us up. Why? She said that the first song that you hear of a morning will be what sticks in your head the rest of the day, which is very true. I have also found that when I am teaching Children's Church and my pupils seem to be somewhat rowdy, I can put on a children's Christian song CD while they are doing crafts, and they quiet right down. They even start singing to themselves.
Is there something in your life that you haven't turned over to God? Have you given Him complete control of your life? I am one who is bad about wanting my way, because I sometimes think it is better. But it isn't. God knows the plans that he has for each of us. We need to trust Him, then be willing to do His will.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network