WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 DAYS OF THANKFUL VERSES-DAY 21

"For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."~ 1 Timothy 4:4-5
I am on a diet right now. Yes, yes, it is VERY hard to get back into healthy eating habits. It's even harder to restrict the chocolate candy that I love to snack on so very much.
In our text above, the Apostle is telling us that we are not limited to certain foods. We can eat it, as long as it is received with thanksgiving. Always say a prayer over your food, thanking God for what He has provided.
At the time of this writing, there were certain people who had left the faith and were telling others that one could not be justified and holy in God's eyes unless they followed a list of man-made rules such as not marrying or not eating meat (vs 3). The idea was that if man made great physical or mental sacrifices, then God owed them blessings or miracles. That is wrong. We cannot manipulate God into giving us what we want. This was also a way to show people how "holy" or spiritual they were.
It also was a way of trying to work their way into heaven. My friends, there is no other way into heaven except salvation through Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."~ John 14:6.
How about you? Are you trying to get into heaven on your own accord? You can't do it. Jesus came so that we might have life. He sacrificed Himself on the cross and rose again so that we might have a way into Heaven. All you have to do is call upon His name, confess your sins and turn your life over to Him. That's it. Why not today?
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network