WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, November 20, 2013

OH, THAT TONGUE!



Does anyone know what this is? This is called a seam ripper. It is my best friend when I sew. Why? Because when I sew a seam or stitch wrong, I simply use the sharp end to remove it. I also use it to open old seams when I am recycling old jeans, skirts, etc, into purses or new skirts. Did you notice the red ball just above the point? This is to prevent you from ripping the fabric around the seam. Sometimes this doesn't help, however, and I have been known to slip and rip the fabric next to the seam. Now I have a hole to fix, too! Just great. This usually happens to me when it's late at night, I'm tired and I have been sewing for a while.
Our tongue can be like this seam ripper. Very sharp and pointed. Words that are formed and fall from it can cut and wound the person that it is aimed at. It's no wonder that the Bible tells us that it is "an unruly evil, full of deadly poison". (James 3:8) This verse always draws a picture to my mind of a snake and how quick it can strike with its often deadly fangs.
As with the seam ripper, our tongue can rip apart and sometimes cause a big hole in someone either spiritually, mentally or both. The mending afterward is often a difficult process. Often, the scars will remain for a lifetime. Please remember, once those words have left our mouth, they cannot be taken back. I always tell my children to taste their words before they spit them out. In other words, they should think before they speak.
My constant prayer for myself is as the Psalmist said, "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." (Psalm 141:3) Even King David had problems with his tongue! I have found this verse to be very helpful as I am one who is very prone to speak before thinking!
As hard as we try to do right, we all have times where we will say something that we shouldn't. After all, we are only human. That is why we have Jesus! If this happens, confess it to Him. Then, go to the person that you have offended and try to make things right.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Beth :-)


 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network