WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, November 26, 2013

GOD'S TEAR BOTTLE



“Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears in thy bottle: are they not in thy book?” Psalm 56:8.

One day, I cried. It was a good cry. It was a cleansing cry. Feelings that I had been holding onto for years suddenly just came out. I was watching a wedding video. The song that always grabs at my heart, "Butterfly Kisses", was playing as the bride and her father were sharing a special moment. Memories suddenly came back to me-my parents' divorce, my father telling me that he couldn't attend my wedding, the strokes and cardiac arrest that my mom suffered and we didn't know whether or not she was going to make it through (she did, praise the Lord!!), even when my oldest child need stitches above his eye.....These memories and more suddenly surfaced and I allowed myself, FINALLY, to cry.
You see, I am one of the oldest of six children (I have a twin brother who is four minutes older than I). I have always felt that I had to be the strong one in situations where everyone else was falling apart. I did not allow myself the option to cry, even though I wanted to very badly. I would just push those feelings deep down inside.
Dear readers, this is not healthy. God gave us tears for several reasons, and one of those reasons is to release emotion. Some people even cry when they're happy.
Did you know that God has a bottle for your tears? The Psalmist tells us so. God knows when we are sad. He listens as we unburden our hearts to Him. He puts our tears into His bottle to let us know that He now holds our sorrow and that when things seem so out of control for us, He is still in control. This tells me that I can go before the Lord and pray, talk and cry unto Him, and He will hear me.
How about you? Is there a burden or sadness that is weighing heavily on you? Do you need to cry? It's alright. Male or female, we were all given tears. Give it to the Lord. Cry out unto Him. Shed those cleansing tears. Fill God's tear bottle. He is waiting.
I hope you have a blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network