WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, November 6, 2013

30 DAYS OF THANKFUL VERSES-DAY 5

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

The first thing that a lot of people think when they read this verse is, What? How can I give thanks in everything? How can I be thankful for what is going on right now or has happened in my life? I used to think the same thing, until I re-read the verse.
This particular verse does not say "for" everything give thanks (although there are many other verses that do), it says "in" everything give thanks.
It is so very easy to get discouraged, I know. In all of our circumstances, though, God knows what we are going through. Sometimes He allows us to go through life storms and trials because it is to either get our attention if we have "drifted" from Him, it is to make our faith stronger showing us that we need to rely more on Him and less on ourselves, maybe it is to be a witness to some unsaved person or weaker Christian friend who is watching how we handle the situation (our life is the only Bible some people read), etc.
Did you know that gold is not pure until it goes through the refiner's fire (1 Peter 1:7-9). This process separates other elements and impurities from the gold. The Bible compares us to that. He has a reason and a purpose for all that happens in your life. Sometimes, though, we do get desperate, and want to see the other side of the storm that we are going through. Just remember, He is the master of the storm! Remember when Jesus was in the boat with His disciples during a terrible storm? All He had to do was speak, and the winds were calm. He sees the end results that we don't. I had to learn to thank Him for what I was going through. I thanked Him that He knew where I was. I praised Him that He is all-knowing and all-powerful. Guess what? When I started doing that, my attitude changed. Did the trial that I was going through miraculously end? No, but when my heart changed, I saw the situation differently.
Are you going through a life storm or trial right now? Your Lord and Savior knows all about it. Talk to Him. Thank Him for what is happening. You're not alone in this.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network