WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Friday, November 15, 2013

30 DAYS OF THANKFUL VERSES-DAY 15

"We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;"~ 1 Thessalonians 1:2

Good morning, everyone! Today's verse finds the Apostle Paul writing to the converts in the Thessalonian church. He was letting them know how thankful he was for them, and that he was always praying for them.
How about us? Do we pray for and thank God for the people in our lives? It's easy to pray for those that are nice to us and that we get along with well. But....how about that difficult person? Believe me, I know about this all too well. Guess what? I found that when I pray for those that I find difficult, or are giving me a hard time, I start seeing them in a different light. Jesus commands us in Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;". Does the situation miraculously change? Not always. But I change. Also, how you react to this person may have an affect on whether or not they come to know our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Your life may be the only Bible that person is reading. It's a tough assignment, but with God on your side, you can do it!
Everyone comes into our lives for a purpose. Whether good or bad, we need to thank God for them and pray for them. Lift them up-always.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network