WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Saturday, November 12, 2011

A MONTH OF THANKS-DAY 12



"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name." Psalm 100:4

*************************************

Today, I am so very thankful for my home. Last month marked our eighth year here in this house, the house that God provided for us.
How so? Well, let me tell you our story.
When my husband and I were first married, we lived in his grandmother's old house (she had passed away several years before) which we were renting from his uncle. My mother-in-law lived next door, which worked out perfectly when our first son was born. She watched him while I worked.
One day, we decided that it was time to look for a house of our own. We started praying and looking and PRAYING! Like everyone else, we were on a budget, had a certain price range we could afford, and we really needed a house in the area that we were living in. My prayer was for a house close to my mother-in-law so that I didn't have to do any extra travelling during the work week.
Every house that we looked at was either way out of budget or just too far. What were we going to do? Time was getting short. We really had to move out of the house that we were in. It was getting pretty discouraging. But, we held on to the promise that Jesus gives us in the Bible that says, "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall as, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 18:19. John also tells us, "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:" 1 John 5:14.
The key words in 1 John 5:14 to me is "according to his will". We knew what WE desired in a house, but we also wanted to be in the will of God, and go where He wanted us to go. Well, only two months after we started looking, guess what? A house opened up that wasn't on the market, but was being sold privately. How far do you think it was from my mother-in-law's? About two miles right up the street! Plus, it was definitely in our price range. Glory to God! 
What are you praying for today? If you are a born again Christian, are you praying YOUR will or GOD's will? We need to pray for God's will. Make Him first in your life and decisions, and it will all fall into place. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Lean on God, He knows what is best for you.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network