WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A MONTH OF THANKS-DAY 14

"Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." Psalm 50:14-15

***********************************

I am thankful for a wonderful, Christian mother-in-love. She took me in with arms wide open and accepted me into the family with love.
You know, before my husband and I were married, I heard all sorts of "mother-in-law horror stories".
 My husband and I lived in two different states before we got married-I lived in New Jersey, and he lived in North Carolina. We decided that, when we got married, we would live in North Carolina (much to my Mom's dismay! But that worked out, and that is another story of God's grace to tell!). This meant that I would be moving ten hours away from everything I had ever known, to where I knew absolutely NO ONE except my husband and my uncle, who had introduced us. Alot of my friends and co-workers tried to talk me out of it. They said that was too far away to go where I didn't know anyone. They especially emphasized the "mother-in-law" factor, for , you see, she lived next door.
Well, let me tell you. All those stories were FAR from the truth about my husband's mother. She is a sweet, loving and kind woman. She never intrudes in our marriage, and will not take sides when we have disagreements, unless absolutely necessary, which does not happen very often.
I could not have asked for anyone better for my mother-in-love!
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network