WELCOME!

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can stay awhile. Grab some coffee (or tea!) and pull up a chair. Here, you'll find my humble thoughts on God, the Christian walk, Christian modesty, my life and lots of other things that I hope and pray will uplift you, give you encouragement and help you through the day.

Beth :-)

ps-All scripture used on my blog are KJV only.


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

MAKING TRACKS

The weather Saturday was just SO beautiful that my family and I (our cats came along, too!) took a walk in the fields behind our house.
Nathan and Samuel love to look for animal tracks. The ground is still kind of soft, so the tracks show up pretty well. Among the tracks that we found were tractor tire tracks, deer tracks and, of course, people tracks (ours :-)!).
Some of the deer tracks were old, but my husband said that you could tell from the track how heavy the deer was, along with whether or not it was a buck or doe, as well as if it was running or walking. Boy! I learned alot that day. See pictures below:

BUCK TRACKS
MY HUSBAND SAYS THAT YOU CAN TELL THE BUCK WAS RUNNING BY THE WAY THE FRONT OF HIS HOOF IS SPREAD.
DOE TRACKS
MY HUSBAND SAID THAT THIS DEER WAS JUST WALKING.


PEOPLE TRACKS

TRACTOR TIRE TRACKS


CAT TRACKS
OUR LITTLE "TAG-ALONGS"

When we got back to the house, I started thinking about my life's path and what kind of "tracks" I was leaving behind me.
I have a poem on my refrigerator that reads, "The future lies before you like a field of driven snow; Be careful how you tread it for every track will show." Author unknown.
You know, everything we do, every decision we make, how we talk to and treat people (our families included), all leave "tracks" both in our lives and the people around us.
Our children are like sponges. Whether we are aware of it or not, they watch us VERY closely. Sometimes too closely. Often times, I will see an attitude or action in my child that I know they have seen in me. It's often hard and most humbling to see yourself reflecting back in your child, especially when it's a not-so-pretty attitude.
We as Christians have to be so very careful how we walk down this path of life. We should be a light, a beacon, shining out and showing people the way to Christ, starting with our own families.
Saturday's walk opened my eyes to a few life lessons. I am so very human. I need to rely on the Lord an awful lot. But, you know what? He is there for us. Keep praying, stay in your Bible, attend church REGULARLY.  We will fall, that's the truth. But He is there to catch us and put us to right again.
What kind of tracks are you leaving?
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Beth :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Christian Ladies Network